We are looking for an experienced, strategically-minded and results-driven practitioner, with a
combination of international experience managing and developing complex masterplanning and urban
design solutions across a range of scales. The Director should have a clear commitment to an integrated
design philosophy and be capable of bringing together a broad range of specialist contributors in an
innovative and efficient manner across the business and its disciplines. They should be able to
communicate complex design concepts simply and efficiently to Cambodia and multi-national clients
and be able to manage multiple projects and staff. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead
client-facing engagement for a range of different clients, including private developers, institutional
customers and public sector bodies. The Director should be capable of winning and delivering work
(with guidance based on level of experience), from client development through bid strategy and
execution, to project delivery and completion. In addition to design core skills, analytical capability and
technical familiarity with landscape architecture, environmental planning and sustainability,
The responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
• Develop innovative and comprehensive urban design plans, policies, and proposals.
• Prepare conceptual site plans, elevations, and sketches related to building or development
proposals, prepares flyers, posters, planning manuals, drawings, photographs, and illustrations
which may assist the public in preparing development applications.
• Research and document historic and contemporary precedents to help the Department develop
its design resources.
• Support feasibility study and business development for the Master-planning and Urban Design
Portfolio and broaden the client base.
• Ability to advise, manage and agree contracts with clients, manage programmes and
• Produce high quality bids and successful tender presentations.
• Interface with wider businesses within the Group to ensure submissions maximize potential
opportunities to offer full delivery of available services.
• Exercising financial control over projects by preparing project budgets, monitoring costs and
delivering projects within set budgets.
• Acting as a key client interface at a technical project level.
• With the support of the Senior Director and Managing Director, evaluate project challenges
faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
• Participate in forums to assist in the development of new ideas / innovation to promote and
improve the company design reputation.
• Promoting and developing inter-disciplinary working to maximize opportunity.• Overall project management including program and resource monitoring, quality control,
technical management and delivery.
• Reporting on a regular basis to the senior management team, ensuring accurate and timely
reports of key project deliverables.
• Ensure strong team communication to facilitate exchanges of information and knowledge across
the wider practice.
• Preparation and management of Project Execution Plans.
• Representing the business, including related disciplines, at external meetings.
• Participation in technical reviews of projects where required