GROUP FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
by Christopher Law in Luxury
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
HKD 60k - HKD 80k
Our client, HK listed luxury retailer with a focus on the China market is currently in search of a Group FC to lead the team
Preparation of accounts
- Lead to improve month and year-end processes to hit tight deadlines set by the Board;
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group’s accounting records and financial systems;
- Responsible for the Group consolidation process of the monthly and yearly financial statements;
- Play a full part in providing relevant and timely financial information to the Board to enable a balanced and
- objective assessment of the Group’s strategy and objectives.
Budgets and forecasts
- Formulate financial targets, budgets and business plans in accordance with the strategy determined by the Board.
Financial management and controls
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to stock, debtors
- and cash balances;
- Actively manage the overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings;
- Review and update, in line with good practice, the Group’s internal control environment and produce a
- Controls and Procedures manual for review and adoption by management;
- Play an active role in assisting management in the risk assessment process and embedding a risk
- management culture throughout the organization.
- Support CFO in the development and execution of the Group’s taxation strategy;
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with.
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the Finance Department;
- Give direction and leadership towards the achievement of each division’s strategy and its annual goals and objectives;
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance Department is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses.
- Directly report to CFO;
- Overview and manage finance and accounting teams at various offices in Hong Kong, PRC and Europe;
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, brokers, bankers and other parties as directed by CFO;
- Ensure CFO is kept informed of industry developments which are relevant to the operation of an efficient finance function;
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications and experience are suited as directed by the Group
- Degree holder in Accounting/ Finance/ Business with CPA qualification;
- At least 8 years of experience in both big 4 CPA firms and commercial environment, with at least 4 years in managerial positions;
- Experience gained from sizable manufacturing company is preferable;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, strong business acumen;
- Occasional travel will be required.