Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager
by Christopher Law in Engineering
N / A
HKD 50k - HKD 65k
Our client, a sizable electronic company is currently in search of a Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager to join their team
and manage mechanical engineers assigned to new product development projects.
for the quality and approve the mechanical design and manufacturing process for
parts as well as for product designs created by the mechanical engineer
assigned to the project.
with industrial designers, electronics designers, manufacturing engineers and
quality assurance engineers to ensure compliance of customer specifications with
highest product, quality and within cost targets.
- Manage design issues including tooling design, mechanical
construction, packaging and manufacturability issues associated with mechanical
tools and parts
- Use 3D
CAD systems and computer simulation to design and simulate design results before
- Define specifications for metal and plastic mechanical parts and molds
to ensure product quality, production yield and product reliability.
- Manage product development
progress including product and assembly costs as well as schedule adherence.
- Develop, train and provide
guidance to engineers in various levels in order to ensure the mechanical
design section have the capabilities to meet medium and long term company
- Degree in
Mechanical Engineering or
- At least 10-15 years of relevant experience with 3-5 years at managerial level.
Experience in high quality audio related products preferred.
- Strong background in designing high precision metal and plastic
- Strong background in 3D CAD design and computer simulation techniques
for mechanical structure design, stress management and thermal management.
- Strong knowledge
on packaging design, design for manufacturing and problem solving techniques
- Ability to coordinate across departments, deal
with ambiguity and willingness to accept challenging assignments.
interpersonal, communication, management and leadership skills
in English and Chinese. Fluent Putonghua required.
development center with frequent travel to
meetings in the Hong