Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
HKD 40k - HKD 60k
The VDI Desktop Support Technician would need to have at least 6 years of experience. This Candidate will be involved in delivering and supporting a technical solution for VMware VDI technologies and requires someone who has expertise in setting up, configuring, deploying and support VDI throughout the enterprise. Vmware Horizon View expertise is must.
The VDI Specialist provides operational and end user support for the VDI environment and participates in the development and implementation of operational procedures and standards.
- Defines the Windows desktop images standards,
deployment methods and use of supporting tools and technologies: Infrastructure
– storage, networking, servers, load balancing, etc.; Anti-virus and Profile
- User experience monitoring, Single sign on, Performance
troubleshooting, Endpoint management (thin clients, mobile devices, PCs, etc.).
- Application deployment and virtualization.
- Meets key performance indicators for infrastructure,
user experience, applications, storage, servers, and network components related
to VDI, escalating outcomes appropriately.
- Identifies issues proactively using required tools.
- Works on automating system procedures and processes to
evolve the technology in the organization.
- Works in ticketing system to solve escalated issues.
- Contributes to knowledge base for troubleshooting and
maintaining the environment.
- Provides documentation, processes and technical
training to service desk and administrator level team members.
- Contributes to on call escalation support 24x7 per team
- Performs scheduled night/weekend work as required due
to environmental constraints.
- Providing operational support for Active Directory and
related network support equipment to ensure changes and maintenance did not
interrupt service to the customers.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and
support of thin clients, virtual and physical desktops.
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating
Procedures for VDI Environment.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with PCs, software,
communications devices within established procedures, responds to End User
requests for technical support and assistance.
- Provide support and assistance to System
Administrator(s), Network Engineer(s) and Telecommunications Systems staff in
the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance.
degree holder with minimum of 6 years IT experience, at least 3 years of
IT Infrastructure experience.
- Must have
proven technical experience of working in a complex IT infrastructure environment.
- Ability to
listen and articulate ideas verbally, and in the written form, to a broad
range of audiences; ability to ask probing questions and deliver technical
- Ability to
work well with others and as part of a technical team.
analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking
skills, leveraging both logic and creativity; strong troubleshooting and
root cause analysis skills; ability to identify patterns and generate
- Focus on
the business and end user’s needs; ability to set expectations and
understand end user behavior.
and willingness to proactively accept, and drive, change to accomplish
- Ability to
understand strategy and align tactical and strategic work in a
- Must have
knowledge of how to lever technology to reduce operational costs and
delivery business innovation in a fast moving and dynamic industry sector.
competency in at least one technical specialization, with broad
understanding of other current and emerging technologies.