Summary of Primary Role:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for increasing revenue and uncovering new, high margin opportunities to grow the business within the assigned territory – Singapore & other territories that might be allocated by the Regional Sales Director (RSD)
The Business Development Manager will be accountable for achieving a monthly Gross Sales target, as well as a cumulative Return-on-Investment (ROI) target. This will be achieved via cold calls, networking, managing incoming leads.
In delivering high-level pre and post sales expertise, you will need to have intimate knowledge of the functionality, content and other aspects of company products and services in your territory, as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
The Business Development Manager will adhere to commercial policy guidelines and apply them in a manner that achieves maximum business benefit.
Apart from a comprehensive understanding of prospecting, sales and closing techniques, along with relevant industry experience, the Business Development Manager will have, or will develop, a full understanding of user workflow and content/functionality needs to help your recognise opportunities within the target markets.
- Deliver revenue sufficient to achieve set monthly, quarterly or annual revenue targets. This will be accomplished through securing usage growth on selected products, generating new opportunities, and by following and developing opportunities and leads provided by other sources.
- Ensure the effective handover or introduction of accounts to the Account Management team post-sale, as well as gather client feedback, maintain accurate customer contact and opportunity data in CRM and develop innovative approaches to solving problems facing our existing and prospective clients.
- Conduct detailed, weekly pipeline reviews with the Regional Sales Director (RSD) in your region to ensure the number and quality of opportunities in the pipeline is sufficient to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets. These reviews should also ensure that opportunities are consistently and expeditiously progressing through the pipeline.
- Responsible for consistently and completely entering and updating all opportunities in the ISI CRM system in a timely manner. These updates are to include a minimum number of call reports per week, each including, contact details, lead sources, and opportunity status, as well as a minimum number of prospecting calls per week, as specified by the RSM.
- Complete monthly sales forecasts at an accuracy level specified by the RSD.
- Ensure consistent, high-integrity and legally compliant customer engagement activities.
- Continually monitor and target potential areas of new revenue growth, or areas of revenue risk, and proactively define and execute plans to maximize revenue growth.
- To be able to finish all the tasks assigned by the company and supervisor.
- Report directly to Regional Sales Director (RSD)
- Degree in Finance, Economics or related business disciplines
- At least 5 years in direct sales or account management experience in financial or information services industries. Sales experience in the Asset Management segment in Singapore would be an added advantage.
- Keen interest and understanding of the Financial and Banking environment, government, academic and the market data/research requirements of divisions in these industries such as Corporate Banking, Credit Research, Risk Management, Equities Research, Fund Management, Economists, Corporate Finance, Corporate Planning, Government think tank and research centre, University library etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Aggressive, self-motivated, mature and target oriented
What We Offer:
- Full time employment contract and excellent remuneration package
- Challenging start of your career
- Excellent working environment in an international company
- Ability to work and collaborate, share knowledge and experience with many professionals within the company
- Work-life balance
How to Apply:
If you are looking for the different opportunity, together with interesting and challenging projects, please, do not hesitate to send your CV in English.
All job applicants will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates, please feel free to email updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regrettably, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.