The Senior Analyst in the Finance Department is a specialist level role responsible for planning, strategizing, optimizing and reporting (to management and to regulators) on the use of capital in the Firm.
The main objective of this role is to facilitate the efficient use of capital by different business lines and ensure prompt, accurate and consistent capital and/or exposure reporting to regulators.
- In charge of financial regulatory reporting of the firm’s products, business lines, capital, and other exposures to regulators, that includes but not limited to SGX, APEX and ICE member supervision and MAS
- Oversee the implementation efforts of new rules or changes within existing reporting obligations
- Provide oversight of the impact assessments done on regulatory reporting for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and new/changed regulations
- Investigate, remediate, and provide guidance on issues with regulatory reporting and develop necessary control improvements
- Improve and/or simplify current processes, procedures and reports including but not limited to automation of manual processes, interpretation of methodologies etc
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. regulators)
- Act as a financial risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the regulatory environment and the firm’s adherence to its reporting obligations
- Be flexible to contribute to other activities within the group where necessary, e.g. daily report production
- Degree in Accountancy
- Preferably a certified Chartered Accountant
- Knowledge of MAS Risk-based Capital (RBC) Reporting guidelines
- Good understanding of General Ledger preferably in a Financial Institution
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the Financial Services sector; brokerage industry experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in futures, leveraged FX, securities and/or over-the-counter derivative products for MAS and/or Exchange regulatory reporting is highly preferred.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and translate strategy to execution
- Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is key
Interested Candidates, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org