Associate Director / Sr. Manager - Category Management
by Phiyon Lam in FMCG
HKD 70k - HKD 90k
Our client, a well-established Asian based FMCG group company, is now recruiting a high caliber Associate Director of Category Management joining its Hong Kong office.
The Associate Category Director will
be responsible for developing and managing category development strategies for
the entire group products categories. This role will collaborate with Division
merchants, replenishment, OWN brands, specialized in-department sourcing &
other functional partners and lead all planning activities:
- Play an integral role for the corporate transformation and growth and maintain the market leadership with privilege of providing top-notch customer experience and consistently increasing the market penetration into different layers of market.
- Understand category core consumer needs, consumption occasions, purchase motivations to identify core business opportunities and priorities for all categories.
- Is responsible for developing and managing category development strategies for the entire group products categories.
- Collaborate with Division merchants, replenishment, OWN brands, specialized in-department sourcing and other functional partners and lead all planning activities on the following areas:
o Supplier Relationships / Negotiations
o Data Insights & Analytics
o Diversity & Inclusion
o Talent Management
- Degree in marketing or business administration.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in retails merchandising / category management and operations expertise obtained from multinational FMCG brand owner environment.
- Regional working experience is a must and China experience is highly preferred.
- Field or relevant business experience where a solid understanding of store operations, category management, marketing, merchandising mix, P&L and consumer research etc.
- Strong quantitative, marketing, merchandising, and consumer research background to read, interpret, and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results.
- Obtained a proven record of success in category management and being an effective negotiator with measurable results.
- Be able to effectively lead a collaborative process with multiple stakeholders.
- Good understanding of procurement, replenishment, logistics, and inventory management.
- Proven retail exposure and key account management.
- Strong strategic thinking with CAN-DO attitude.
- Strong marketing sense and effective
communication and influencing skills, including presentation and writing skills.
(Remark: Potential candidate who has less experience will be considered as Senior Manager - Category Management).