Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
HKD 1k - HKD 1k
The role of the Software License Manager is to support, manage, and administer contracts for software and application services and products across the organization.
This includes overseeing technology spend, managing a repository of software license and application, and providing compliance advisory
support to the global Procurement team in software related contracts, purchases and renewals.
• Knows the Licence Management Process, with focus on the licence compliance status
• Should ensures licence compliancy is properly performed
• Organizes the communication of good practices within his / her market to ensure product owners are fully informed of policy and processes
• Ensures all processes in his / her Market are properly documented, maintained and applied; It includes the ability to collect evidence of the proper implementation and management
• Handle global audits if initiated by vendors, coordinate and technically consolidate the audit results and finally forward them to the vendor. Being the SPOC for all audit relevant topics.
• Licensing consulting:
1. Best practice sharing with entities - Create public communication channels like SharePoint, webcast, monthly conferencing etc.
2. Support Domain Strategy with possible product strategy, product evolution together with the architects
3. Act as SPOC for all internal queries related to licensing, declarations, inventory / measurements, and allocations
4. Recognize Product/Service Evolutions and keep track - recognize products covered in the agreement
• Organizes workshops to drive continuous improvement
Functional Experience :
• 5+ years’ experience as a licence manager within a large organisation
• In depth understanding of global software vendors product use rights and terms and conditions and how to apply these to the enterprise environment.
• Knowledge of the basic licence models of the big vendors (IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Broadcom, etc)
• Experience with IT Asset Management Tool, preferable FNMS/Flexera
• Excellent database and spreadsheet skills
• Able to analyse and present data to a wide audience
• Organise and run workshops with internal and external clients
• Wide breadth of technical understanding across all platforms
• Solid technical experience within service or operational environment
• Strong network of internal and external relationships within the technical community
• Extensive understanding of IT infrastructure and ITIL principles
• Understand complexity of licensing models Be able to answer technical and functional questions about the products covered in the agreement, new products, licensing model changes.
• Ability to perform license reconciliation and optimization
• Ability to survey and understand licensing evolution and changes.
• Sense of leadership and good communication skills to ensure a good relationship with entities based on confidence and reliability.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
• Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical way
• Work in a team, build relationship with other teams – Share to succeed
• Work in an International context – global mindset
• Fluent English skills