Hong Kong SAR
HKD 1k - HKD 63k
Our client is an IT Service provider looking for a Desktop Support Engineer with trade floor experience.
Background: regional project covering nearly 9000 users across all of APAC. Support engineer will be a hands-on member and will be an internal customer facing role, which requires excellent communication and prioritization.
• Deliver superior End User Experience while ensuring a managed, secure End User environment
• Use standard Microsoft tools like Process Explorer, Handle, MS Office
• Troubleshoot user desktop environment to achieve project goals
• Support various LOB users through direct end user support or through project that deliver changes to the end user environment.
• Work with LOB to identify and proactively manage applications to ensure a well maintained and managed end user environment.
• Handle user questions, incidents and requests. Tracking, measuring, and escalating as appropriate
• Adhere to industry and corporate standards and best practices while maintaining a high level of efficiency.
• Availability for ad-hoc work after hours and on weekends where necessary
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast moving environment.
• At least 5 years’ experience in all phases of desktop operating system support, implementation, and maintenance, in the financial sector
• At least 3 years’ experience on trading floor / experience with Bloomberg, Reuters & trading platforms
• Knowledge of desktop OS and infrastructure required to implement and support enterprise deployments.
• Knowledge of Desktop Services, security and access standards and practices
• Basic understanding of networking and server technologies
• Proficient in supporting a Windows 7 and 10 desktop environment & Microsoft suite of applications
• Good communication skills and strong analytical skills.
Feel free to explore with Ms. Narayanan at 35529112 for a confidential discussion.