Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Our client is an IT Service Management Company looking for Low Latency Front Office Java developers to join their team in Hong Kong:
• Develop and extend our systems for performance, coverage and new functionality.
• Work with technology and business groups in the region and globally to deliver high quality products in a fast-paced environment.
• Provide production support for applications.
• Manage project deliveries independently.
• Work on Full development cycle
• Communicate and discuss with Business Owners on Specifications.
• Strong core Java fundamentals, including multi-threading, garbage collection concepts and performance tuning
• Knowledge in both Java and C# will be an advantage
• Good design sense, including knowledge of effective design approaches in this domain
• Possess a mindset of constant innovation & ownership of quality via automation & tools
• Strong understanding of Agile methodology, test driven development & continuous integration
• Strong analytical skills required to provide solution for complex business requirements
• Team Player – Must be able to work with and mentor junior members as well as take direction from seniors
• Good communication skills and ability to coordinate different tasks and work with different stakeholder groups
• Coding for Currency Transactional-Based Platform
• Electronic trading or Equities business knowledge will be an advantage
Mandatory skillsets :
• Extensive expertise in developing business application using Java, Spring framework
• Demonstrable experience designing distributed FX electronic-trading applications
• Deep knowledge of electronic FX market microstructure, matching rules, ECN interactions, complete order flow
• Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continuous integration
• Strong multi-threading skills
• Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
• Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
• Business domain knowledge in FX and/or FX Options.
• Scripting experience (Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.)
• Experience of working in Front office systems.
• Background in electronic trading domain