General Manager (Plant Operation ) Malaysia (SW)
by Richard Ho in Manufacturing
Malaysia - Sarawak
SGD 9k - SGD 12k
One of the largest integrated aluminium producer in South East Asia is seeking a competent individual to join them as a General Manager , Plant Manager
This job will be based in Malaysia , Sarawak
- To enforce and ensure Company policies and other procedures are adhered to at all times, including ISO standards and other initiatives or programs implemented by the Company.
- Ensure smooth operation of the facility using best operational practice/techniques.
- To maintain the plant at a reasonable high standard of safety, housekeeping and acceptable working environment.
- Ensure permanent reliability of the process control and supervisory systems.
- Analyse operational incidents and make recommendations or changes in procedures to prevent future occurrence.
- Responsible for the success and implementation of various quality, safety and health initiatives, industry process improvement, production process improvement, etc
- Ensure high quality standard of products in accordance with customer expectations, requirements and quality compliance.
- Monitor manufacturing departments to ensure continuous maintenance and improvement of standard requirements and establish best practices.
- Continue evaluating and improving manufacturing methods, processes, layouts, equipment and technology.
- Improve production function competitiveness and customer satisfaction by driving continuous improvement activities and inspiring innovations of ingenious products, services, solutions and processes.
- Organize, lead, control and coordinate programs and activities to achieve plant targets.
- To support employee development in knowledge, skills, leadership, culture by planning proper training, coaching, job rotation opportunity and career path ensuring that performance review, succession planning and other related HR programs are implemented.
- Ensure that all the required safety, health and environmental procedures are applied.
- Ensure that operational reporting is conducted in accordance with the contractual requirements, management requirements and quality procedures.
- Any other relevant duties as required as the head of the plant operations.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing/Production/Management or equivalent
- Those without these technical qualifications but with extensive experiences and exposures from large manufacturing concern and/or plant operations may also be considered.
- 15 years of plant operations/process engineering experience from various industry
- sectors. Experience in metal industry (aluminium) will be most welcome
- Experience in managing a diverse Asian cultures will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of plant equipment and processes, plant engineering functions, applicable governmental regulations and safety procedures.
- Results orientated individual with robust technical abilities
- Creative with good analytical thinking.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses good interpersonal skill, customer-oriented attribute with good presentation skill and a team player.
- Able to write and converse well in English. Working knowledge of other languages will be advantageous.
- Accommodation and car will be provided to the successful candidate
Interest candidate please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org