Senior Buyer (Retail Merchandising ) 2 openings
by Julia Hoh in Retail
SGD 50k - SGD 50k
Our client is Japan largest public listed lifestyle & electrical appliance retailer , over more than 0000 employees and a market capitalisation of over S$1 billion.
Responsibilities of the incumbent includes:
• Support retail stores to ensure maximum sales and profitability of related merchandises and services for the Company
• Ensure a comprehensive range of latest products is available for sale and that terminated/discontinued stock levels achieve targets.
• Negotiate with suppliers on terms of trading, margins and advertising support and manages the supplier base – relationships.
• Work with suppliers to promote sales and product knowledge training in stores.
• Manage the merchandising forecasting and execute supply chain management practices.
Work with Logistics, Warehouse, and Stores to ensure optimum stock availability and maintain healthy stock turnover.
• Manage stock replenishment.
• Allocate and tailor store ranges to meet store requirements.
• Manage the store range to monitor sales performance and inventory levels against plan so that timely remedial action can be taken when necessary to ensure profitability.
• Maintain awareness of competitors’ movements and ensure competitiveness via field visits.
• Develop up-to-date market knowledge of products and sources to enable quick speed to market of new product releases.
• Coordinate with various departments and assist where needed with supplier issues.
• Support the development of marketing campaigns that develops the product category.
• Set up, maintain and amend product details in the system.
• Raise purchase orders, create new product codes and generate reports.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Positive attitude and Team Player
• Commercial sense
• Good communication skills
• Good negotiator who goes for win-win
• Focused and able to prioritize
• High level of initiative and integrity
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace working environment
• Minimum Diploma and above , 8 Years of Working Experience in Retail Buying environment.
• Well Versed in Home Appliances, IT, Furnishings Product Knowledge
• Up-to-date knowledge of Market Trends, Independent and hands-on in growth of product knowledge
• Prior background in Retail Merchandising is advantageous