Our client is a gaming company. Its new China office, based in Shanghai, is searching for an experienced, creative thinking, hard-working Director of Business Development who has a passion for gaming and exceptional communication skills. This role will be expected to interact with 3rd party developers, publishers and platformers in China, as well as interface with team members around the world.
Location & Reporting Line:
This position will be based in new office in Shanghai. The Director will report to the General Manager for China with a dotted line into the SVP & GM for Asia Pacific (based in Tokyo).
What you will do:
As we continue to expand our pipeline of world class developer and distribution partners, this role will be instrumental in negotiating strategic partnerships that enable us to rapidly scale our business both inside and outside of China. As the developer ecosystem continues to evolve rapidly, and local distribution challenges persist, this role will also be responsible for maintaining key partnerships and re-evaluating our approach from time to time to optimize the business.
· Drive strategic developer partnerships and potential M&A evaluations, from deal sourcing through the due diligence process, and eventually, deal closing
· Identify opportunities and negotiate deal terms for potential co-development and/or global publishing deals with China based studios
· Build a deep industry wide network of studio and business development contacts by attending conferences, visiting potential partners on-site, and staying on top of the latest market trends
· Work closely with the China and Regional Team to constantly evolve and refine our strategy for content development and distribution
· Participate in Corporate Development presentations with HQ to update our leadership team on key opportunities and challenges in the marketplace
· Interface with cross-functional groups within both the publishing and production organizations to ensure that our partnerships are successful and that our agreements are up to date
· Assess and evaluate our distribution options in China for both locally and internationally produced titles
What you will need:
· 7+ years in mobile gaming, developer partnerships, and/or business development
· Proven ability to forge strong partnerships and drive deals from sourcing through closing
· Deep knowledge of the global gaming developer ecosystem; having an established network of potential partners is a big plus
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· The ability to present to and influence senior leadership; you must be able to drive action and impact in a complex and fast-paced environment
· Intellectual curiosity, creative problem-solving acumen, and drive
· Native level in Chinese plus English fluency
· A high level of integrity, candor, & humility
· Respect for others and a collaborative spirit
· Results driven, a desire to win
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks.