Senior Technical Support Engineer/ Application Engineer
by Tiana Liu in Engineering
RMB 18k - RMB 25k
• A BluX Engineer is a multidisciplinary engineer with optimization and hydraulic modeling skills and a passion for using data to improve urban watershed environmental and societal impact.
• This position is focused on the development and implementation of algorithms and analytics for operational optimization of wastewater collection systems, drinking water distribution and transmission systems, and treatment systems, as well as the interactions between these systems through the use of real time data, hydraulic modelling, machine learning and advanced control systems.
• This position will be primarily focused on optimizing wastewater networks and treatment systems.
• Solve complicated,
open-ended water resources problems by applying optimization techniques and
innovative data analytics over sensor data and hydraulic models.
• Facilitate integration of
digital solutions across water sectors, including, but not limited to, coupled
analysis, problem solving, and decision making across storm-water, wastewater and
especially treatment systems.
• Communicate and
collaborate with teams of water resource engineers and decision makers to
define problems, strategize solution approaches, and bring solutions to
• Develop and manage large
datasets. Communicate summaries and conclusions drawn from data in clear and
concise ways, visually and verbally.
• Translate data analytics
into language understood by water resource engineers and data analysts, both in
the practitioner and research space.
• Sales support through the
creation of sample applications, technical documentation and support for
• Bachelor’s Degree (in
Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering), preference given to those
with Master’s or PhD degrees.
• Minimum of 2
years of experience in Hydraulic modelling with software from Innovyze,
Deltares, US-EPA, ITWH, tandler, or DHI.
• Experience on
implementation of Real-Time Decision Support Systems for water utilities.
• Previous experience
programming in software languages such as Python, R, C++, Matlab, etc.
• Technical handling of
modelling and optimization projects using artificial neural networks and
• Previous experience
developing advanced geospatial information system (GIS) data analysis, using
tools such as ESRI’s Arc GIS and ArcPy or QGIS’s programming interface.
• Good written in English
and communication skill in English