As a Software Engineer (Reliability) in our Shanghai office
You’ll focus first on these 2 key initiatives:
- Increase the availability + reliability of China
- Improve the effectiveness + efficiency of launching products in China
1. Technical expert: Broad theoretical knowledge + practical application of Software
Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering principles to global-scale distributed systems.
You’ve spent 7+ years tackling serious engineering challenges, both as a developer and as
an operator of mission-critical Production systems. Specifically, you have:
- 90% of the technical qualifications of a Sr. Software Engineer
- Deep hands-on experience with Linux system internals and L2-L7 networking
2. Adaptable: You quickly adapt to new challenges , even if it’s outside of your expertise. You
thrive in startup environments, are familiar wearing multiple hats, and have a track record of
learning new skills across a wide range of domains + disciplines.
3. Clear communicator: You drive clarity in communication , by being concise and articulate.
You listen well, you build strong relationships with stakeholders, and bring visibility to
technical decisions made on your team to the broader company. You’re fluent in Chinese
and English, and can drive effective collaboration with Chinese-speaking engineers.
4. Strong decision-maker: You have a rigorous framework for making decisions in ambiguity.
You make tradeoffs explicit , when balancing the long-term strategies and short-term tactics.
You know when to call for help.
5. An Engineer that others want to work with: You have a positive, outgoing, and empathetic
personality that lets you operate successfully in mission-critical situations. Instead of making
empty complaints, you come prepared with potential solutions. You seek constructive
criticism of your designs, and can anticipate potential future issues.