Head of Procurement, Greater China
by Joey Chen in Logistics
This position is responsible for end to end procurement activities of all indirect and select direct external spend of Greater China (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan), which includes, but not limited to the development and execution of strategy, procurement compliance, Stakeholder management, and delivery of Financial commitments, as well as the leadership and management of staff across Greater China.
Responsible for to formulate, execute and implement sourcing strategies and category plans
to deliver cost saving target
• Lead strategic sourcing initiatives and/or spot buys (including supplier negotiations) by
providing input on local spend specifics and category practices (including insights on local
supplier markets) as well as gathering and clarifying local internal customers’ requirements
(demand, specifications, preferred suppliers, budget, delivery periods, legal aspects, etc.)
• Acting as local Procurement point of contact for internal customers / stakeholders within the
country, regional and global level, ensuring customer satisfaction at all levels.
• Continuous improvement and challenge the status quo in matters related to procurement
• Ensuring compliance to Procurement guidelines (e.g. P2P performance), managing local
demand and providing guidance on Procurement processes and sourcing strategies.
• Continuously looking for efficiency in the areas of procurement process
• To participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute
• To evaluate, reallocate resources, monitor and regulate team members' performance and
workload and provide assistance when necessary to ensure optimal efficiency
• To review standard operating procedures regularly to comply with customer’s and company
• Leverage Global, Regional and Local best practice, including their procurement capability
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
• Action oriented, Results driven & “Can Do” attitude
• Strong Analytical skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Highly collaborative and able to drive cross functional outcomes
• In-depth understanding of contract management (a strong ability to understand contractual
terms and conditions specific to the procurement of goods, services and consultancies)
• Highly developed report writing skills and ability to build on existing policies and frameworks.
• High degree of Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills
• Leadership skills to manage a number of procurement team members
• University degree or above, preferably in Finance or Purchasing/Supply Chain Management
• Due to the high level of autonomy involved in this role, the role is required to be a confident
self-manager with an excellent ability to juggling issues of competing priority.
• In depth knowledge of eProcurement systems – SAP Ariba is preferred