Inspector, China, Yantai & Dalian
by Julia Hoh in Oil & Gas
Yantai, Shandong, China
Our Norwegian client whose principal activity is engineering design and consultancy activities n.e.c. with manufacture and repair of other oilfield and gasfield machinery and equipment (eg derricks, tool joints) for the Oil & Gas, Renewables, Infrastructure, refinery and marine industries.
Currently they have undertaken an inspection project for their Offshore Marine Sector (FPSO).
They have 2 Vacancies for INSPECTORS (PRESSURE VALVE) to be based in China (Yantai & Dalian)
INSPECTORS (PRESSURE VESSEL)
This role shall perform equipment condition internal assessments of pressure vessels
The Inspector utilizes his specific knowledge and experience to ensure that all inspection activities are conducted in full compliance with established laws, codes, standards and procedures.
• Works closely with Engineering Group to ensure the integrity of pressure vessels though Internal Visual Inspection
• Identifies compliance and inspection gaps, reports findings and recommendations to management. Supports gap closure effort. Develops and maintains comprehensive written Inspection department procedures, guidelines and work instructions.
• Understands critical process variables and attack mechanisms that affect equipment reliability.
Unique Knowledge & Experience:
• Minimum 3 years experience working as an inspector in shipyard or FPSO
• API 510 required.
• CWI is desirable.
• NDE Experience strongly desired.
• Requires physically fit applicant that can climb high structures, enter vessels and navigate confined spaces with ease.
• Knowledgeable on ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes, Pressure Piping Codes.
• Intermediate English (written and spoken)
*** This is a CONTRACT position for 7 months and able to start August/September