by Danni Huang in FMCG
2nd Apr, 2020
Veg Oil Head
Be responsible for Veg Oil business in China. Should be able to gain industry understanding, develop business strategy and conduct daily operation for physicals and futures trading.
Effective communication skills
Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Knowledge of accounts/numbers
(1) Managing the Veg oil books of physicals & futures;
(2) Refining / further developing on the existing price forecasting models;
(3) Maintaining and running the S&D balances with the support of an assistant / analyst;
(4) Monitoring the day to day developments in the Veg oil market and industry;
(5) Developing models / trading strategies for spread trading;
(6) Establishing & building relationships with key stakeholders – suppliers, warehouses, logistics providers;
(7) Establishing of processes for quality management & supervision;
(8) Managing credit exposures and counterparty risks;
(9) Gathering and Reporting market Intelligence.
(1) Have 8-15 years of trading (physicals and futures) experience in the Agri commodity industry (preferably Veg Oil with top trading house and / or a commodity hedge fund);
(2) Have very good knowledge & insights into the Veg. oils industry and its supply and demand dynamics; (3) Have very good knowledge & understanding of the Oil Complex derivatives; (4) Have run a prop book on the futures markets – involving futures, options, calendar and product spreads and Physical positions;
(5) Have strong analytical and conceptual skills.