Senior Designer (Carpets)
Our client is the global manufacturer known for elevating carpet design and partnering with a wide variety of artists from around the world. With a focus on the hospitality industry, some of the clients include : Hilton, Sheraton, Inter-Continental, Renaissance, Marriott, Hyatt, HKG Airport just to name a few.
- Produce proficiently technical and creative custom designs using the Quantum design software program.
- Create and cut templates from existing CAD Plans for room-specific dimensions.
- Communication on a regular basis with the Global Design & Product Development Director to provide feedback on the market requirements also to best manage project load through CloudIO and to collaborate with the existing network of field based designers.
- Work closely with the sales team on projects with the local hospitality clientele and in the region.
- Communicate and attend meetings with the sales team and hospitality clients in order to manage design requirements proficiently.
- Attend networking events and other industry related meetings and events
- Develop finished patterns of various scales and installation types while working within approved production perimeters.
- Work closely with the Hong Kong office and Thailand Production Planning team to develop a clear understanding of plans, scale, and seaming diagrams.
- 4 - 5 years of design experience
Degree in textile design or related field is preferred
Knowledge of Axminster and hand-tufted carpet construction is highly preferable
Must be creative, technically mindful, and possess an understanding of repeat patterns, scale, and color
The ability to manage multiple deadline-based projects and tasks within tight schedules
Skilled in the use of design software programs like Quantum design software program is mandatory
Effective communication, organizational, and presentation skills are essential
Must be able to effectively convey design concepts to clients during in-person presentations
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products
This position will travel on a regular and frequent basis to the offices of clients in the region to assist the Sales Manager with the design aspects during in-person sales presentations and site meetings.
The ideal candidate must be a creative individual with a command of design software programs and is able to work in a deadline-driven environment
This candidate has to be an effective communicator and be able to present design ideas and concepts to clients.
Other Information :
Working Location – Nearest MRT Station is Tai Seng (Circle Line)
Salary – Will commensurate with relevant experience
Interested applicants please email your detailed resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
EA Reg. No R1102193 | EA License. No. 12C5083