Our client is a gaming company and they are looking for a QA Lead for their team in Shanghai.
• QA Lead who will lead by example and inspire those around them to strive for perfection.
• The QA Lead should be inquisitive, able to openly communicate with team members and often find issues simply by asking, “What happens if I do this?” They should regularly think of every possible scenario in which an issue can occur, test it, learn from the findings, then iterate and test again.
• Play an active part in the Scrum process working with development teams in daily standups, retrospectives and reviews
• Manual testing against design specs, smoke tests and daily bug regression
• Test case creation and revision of existing scripts
• Using Jira to report issues in a highly accurate and concise manner
• Administration of our bug database to update and prioritise issues
• Take responsibility for championing the quality of our games. Ensure that quality is consistently maintained
• Game balancing and gameplay improvements feedback
• Utilisation of test scripts/tools
• Running data queries, analysis and reporting
• Partnering with 3rd party and remote test teams
• Proactive personality, who will seek out answers and help drive the game quality
• Energetic and passionate gamer with a B.A., B.S., or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience in QA for games, with additional experience leading teams
• Minimum 1 year mobile gaming experience on iOS and Android
• Experience writing and executing test plans with TestRail or similar test management systems
• Understanding of Jira, Game Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable interfacing with partners
• Experience with white box automation testing
• A passion for games
• Bilingual fluency in both written and spoken Mandarin and English is a plus