by Achara Rodkasem in Automotive
2nd Mar, 2021
Chon Buri, Thailand
Project Quality Engineer
Ensures the deployment of customers and MGIC requirements
• Ensures the deployment of customers and MGIC requirements
• Defines the Quality Plan with the Project Manager
• Fulfills all the tasks defined for a PQE in the quality plan. Example : qualifying audits, PPAP file collecting ...
• Takes part in the Project reviews and ensures that their final statement is consistent with the project status.
• Participates to the Project Steering Committee ( CPP )
• Has the duty to alert his manager and DQSE² coordinator when major risks are detected as :
o Product validation tests not ok without customer information
o Customer specifications violated (example: Deliveries to customer without PSW approved or official waiver, …. )
o Start of production of new products without firewall when qualification audit is not approved
o Product and process modifications not managed according QSE² rules.
o Special characteristics not deployed on product and process definition and work instructions or omitted special characteristics.
o Declared customer in satisfaction.
o Bias between project status and customer information.
o Any other potential risk identified…
• Ensures the deployment and implementation of Quality tools and MGIC QSE² throughout the project
• Coordinates the problem solving (internal or customer claims) with Product / Process impact using the appropriate tools and measures.
• Works in close collaboration with mass production Quality and assists them in case of problems related to products / processes escalated to the product line.
After identification done by Product Line Director and DQSE² coordinator a specific role can be defined with the following tasks:
1. Has a leadership role to train/help others PQE on Customer Specific Requirements.
2. Conduct the assessments of QSE² auditors for Product Line and manage Product Line auditor accreditations
3. Monitor action plan for all QSE² audits or assessments.
Participate in the Product line QRQC
• To have completed bachelor degree in industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other suitable qualifications .
• Strengthened by 3 years of experience preferably, in the automotive industry.
• Technical skills. Ability to analyze and to understand all the technical decisions made by the project team.
• Deep knowledge of core automotive Quality tools such as: Functional analysis, FMEA, Factor tree analysis (FTA), Statistical process control (SPC), Measurement system analysis (MSA), Problem-solving approaches, 8D and QRQC procedures.
• Knowledge of 6 sigma approach.
• Deep knowledge of Project development steps, Advanced product quality planning (APQP) and Production part approval process (PPAP). => QSE² skill matrix
• Knowledge of automotive customer specific requirements affecting the product line.
• Knowledge of Quality management standards (IATF 16949, ISO 9000, ISO 14001).
• Able to communication in English
• VDA 6.3 certification auditor will be preferred.