Project Procurement Manager/Senior Manager
- Procurement and Subcontract Planning
- Work with internal engineering/ construction teams to identify critical material, equipment and services to be procured.
- Pre-qualify, propose and evaluate suppliers/EPC contractors/sub-contractors.
- Develop Procurement/Subcontract plans and procedures, including schedules, strategies and execution details.
- Ensure such plans and procedures are aligned with the overall company objectives and SOPs.
- Lead major procurement/subcontract activities, including bid evaluation, negotiation, contract and award.
- Ensure all activities are approved and documented for audit accountability.
- Manage contracts, including, accuracy of contents, negotiation, work with legal team on dispute management and compliance.
- Manage variation orders, verify invoices and issue Completion or Acceptance Certificates
- Manage close out of all Procurement and Subcontracts upon completion of work in a timely manner.
- Manage day-to-day activities to ensure meeting project needs with the best TQC (Time, Quality, Cost)
- Ensure all insurance and logistics of equipment and material procured are well-covered.
- Ensure all stipulated pre-shipment inspections of imported goods are carried out expeditiously
- Coordinate with Logistics to ensure timely delivery of equipment to site
- Review and continuously improve existing process to ensure best practices.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering as a minimum
• Minimum 10 years worked in Procurement/EPC Contracting/ Subcontracting position in Heavy Industry such as Chemical Plants, Petrochemical, Refinery etc. Working experience in Indonesia/China/Brazil will be highly preferred.
• Knowledge on Viscose/ Pulp and Paper Industry and vendors will be an added advantage.
• Bilingual in Chinese and English.
• International sourcing/ procurement experience, understanding of custom requirements and associated logistics is required.
• Business acumen
• Possess excellent negotiation skills with an astute capacity to manage confidential information
• Planning and prioritization skills
• Strong leadership/influencing skill
• Good team player
• Result orientation attributes
• Hands-On to command respect and be involved
• Integrity is essential
• Flexible in overseas travel