Our client is a a leading logistics company who are looking to expand their operations in China.
The Office Manager role is based in their new Shanghai office, is to have ultimate responsibility for the operations, customer service and sales development of the Shanghai business. Working closely with the Seafreight/Airfreight Supervisors/operations team to ensure clients and agents receive the very best customer service in the market. To develop a culture of sales and development locally and internationally. This will involve direct communication with customers and suppliers via email and phone, along with the utilisation of our software.
- Overall Purpose of this role is to ensure the Shanghai office meets and exceeds its yearly budget;
- Managing and developing the team;
- Develop sales in China;
- To ensure clients and agents receive excellent customer service and the team comply to Export/Import operational procedures and in-line with company policy;
- Dealing with shipping line, co-loaders, overseas agents and airlines to make sure that we are buying the right service and rate;
- To manage and oversee every facet of the accounting department, including Invoicing/Job Costing ensuring this is finalized by the month end deadline;
- To complete monthly management reports;
- Working within the Europa framework at all times;
- A respect towards the office Health and Safety guidelines;
- Ultimate responsibility for Shanghai office while ensuring all local laws are complied with.
- Any other duty as outlined by your manager, from time-to-time.
- At least 10 years of Operation/Sales and Office management
- Attention to detail with a passion for customer service is critical to this role.
- Time management skills are essential as are communication (phone and writing) skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under pressure of workload is also a necessity.
- A good head for numbers
- Fluent in Mandarin and have a very good level of both written and spoken English.
- A good understanding and familiarity with Microsoft office programmes, particularly EXCEL is a must.