Our client is a full service supplier to the global automotive OEM’s specializing in highly engineered energy management components.
• Develop detailed growth strategies by understanding competitive advantages/disadvantages of our product and service offerings.
• Identify and develop new global and regional business opportunities.
• Prepare and deliver business cases for new product vertical and diversfied opportunities.
• Lead customer negotiations and commercial pricing strategy discussions.
• Deliver customer presentations and price breakdowns.
• Provide technical support to customers and resolve customer disputes and escalations.
• Manage account information for customers, including: cadence charts, organization charts, customer debits/credits, and customer scorecard
• Verify retroactive pricing debits and credits upon receipt of purchase orders and communicate with finance.
• Evaluate quoted prices in light of changed specifications.
• Review and resolve discrepancies with costs related to raw material, purchase parts and purchased operations cost.
• Conduct tool invoicing and maintain quote records for all projects.
• Contribute to competitor analyses, market trend analyses, cost benchmarking analyses, sales forecasting, and budgeting.
• Manage cost optimization actions for maximum profitability.
• Execute VA/VE strategy internally and external with the customer.
• Conduct timely and complete performance evaluations of direct reports and ensure timely and complete performance evaluations of team members
reporting under indirect supervision.
• Assess the skill sets and development needs of direct reports and take steps to mentor and develop them appropriately.
• A minimum of ten years of technical sales experience, strategy formulation and implementation in the automotive industry.
• Master’s Degree of Science in Engineering or Business, Engineering preferred.
• Prior experience managing a team effectively.
• Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials.
• Proven ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
• Proven experience developing and driving sales strategy.
• Ability to coach others in design, manufacturing and commercial pursuits processes .
• Advanced proficiency in negotiation and stakeholder management.
• Advanced proficiency in problem-solving and continuous improvement.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications and a company ERP.
• Prior experience supervising others.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.