by Achara Rodkasem in Automotive
18th Nov, 2020
Manufacturing Engineering (Deputy General Manager Level)
Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering related new projects with an emphasis on safe work practices, Process control procedures, standards, layout, tooling/fixtures, machine & equipment purchases that provide method improvements and cost reduction opportunities. Projects will include improved process flow in the production line until shipping operations as..
- Recommends machine, tooling, equipment to achieve process flow, UPH, FTT, for existing Models and new Models.
- Manages Production routing to coordinate assembly flow, include confirmation and report proper costing and coordinate introduction of ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices).
- Manages capital budget (Capex) development cost (Launch) and capital asset capitalization, meeting new program budget requirements.
- Ensures Sub Assembly and Main Line stations are balanced operations, and standard times are reviewed for accuracy.
- Maintains an up to date layout of all areas of the Production Department including Fabrication, Sub-Assembly, Main Line Assembly, Pick & Pack, Receiving, Inspection, Adjustment, Rework, brazing, welding,
- Identifies bottleneck areas of the complete production process from receiving to shipping and make recommendations to reduce and/or eliminate – the goal is to increase efficiency.
- Supports the company’s Scrap improvement and takes appropriate action to prevent quality and warranty issue.
- Other activities as assigned by management.
- Establishes overall staff requirements, priorities, and assignments. Supervises the Manufacturing Engineering’s staff support company’s goal
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the manufacturing engineering field and 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficient with all computer applications, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Working knowledge in setting standards, methods improvements, layout design, assembly tooling/fixtures, line balancing, equipment justification, and developing assembly worksheets.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written, and phone is essential.
- The ability to work on many projects simultaneously is required.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively direct team toward group goals.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required
- Patience, persistence, and problem-solving skills are very important.