by Anushyia Vejayarajah in Logistics
7th Sep, 2020
New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
Head of Operation
A global leader in international transport and logistics is looking to bring on board a Head of Operations. The ideal candidate must have air freight experience as well as procurement.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the freight forwarding operations division of the assigned country to achieve the operations key performance index and the required service standards
- Defines requirements for multiple operations and ensures the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed Company requirements & customer expectations
- Work in conjunction with Business Development and Solutions on new business and Account Management on penetration business within current customer base.
- Ensure that the provided services are billed timely and accurately.
- Defines roles and responsibilities, plans for the department’s future needs and operations; counsels managers on performance
- Ensure safe and secure work environment for all employees
- Administers and communicates company policies
- Degree holder or above with a minimum 7 years’ of solid experience in freight forwarding field
- With at least 3 years of team management experience
- Experience in setting strategies, planning and improving operation’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience in air freight capacity procurement and management would be an advantage
- Strong management and leadership skills with good business instinct and excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin