by Yolanda Ye in Automotive
2nd Apr, 2020
Global Sourcing Manager-Mechanical
Manages projects and supply base in new product development, project management, supplier management, and procurement of products, equipment, and services to support Company, Product Team, and Supply Chain organizational objectives by performing the following duties.
• Partner with the Product Teams to develop sourcing strategy for new products and continued support for existing products and/or new line extension. Responsibility includes supplier selection; prepare Request for Quotation, quotation analysis, price negotiation and supplier recommendation.
• Work closely with Product Teams to facilitate the rapid introduction of new products and new customer programs.
• Work with across functional team to manage supply contracts, delivery and quality, ensuring the commercial and cost saving benefits are realized at the P&L level and ensuring on time delivery with the suppliers.
Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited university with concentration in one or more of the following disciplines;
• Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial)
• Management (Supply Chain, Operations)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business professional in procurement-related field
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrated competency with cross-functional engagement and collaboration, and ability to work in a matrix organization
• Proven analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Good understanding of cost drivers for the components
• Proficient computer skills – particularly Microsoft Office applications