General Merchandising Manager
Our client is a Hong Kong based is a garment / merchandising company servicing the US and European market in Woven & Knit.
Reporting to the Director, the General Merchandising Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for managing a team size of 30 which include 5 Senior Merchandise Managers in Woven & Knit (garments)
- Drive development of key initiatives to maximize margins, and minimize costs, including commitments to production capacity, and collaborating with factories and clients frequently.
- Communicate the business plan and strategy to cross functional teams to ensure business goals are met.
- Work clothes with Principal to provide timely sales reports, product feedback, market intelligence and operational flow.
- Monitor buy in, sell through, inventory and promotions.
The Successful Applicant
- 15 years working experience required with senior management position preferably in Woven & Knit.
- Degree from an overseas university is highly preferred.
- Must have experience in Manufacturing or garment trading .
- Experienced in working with clients in Europe and US in knit & woven garments.
- Must have contemporary designer and lifestyle apparel brand experience for both women and men’s wear.
- Category / retailers/ clients management is a must.
- Excellent customer relationship management with excellent communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Self-motivated and hardworking.
- Someone with passion for garments and has seen the entire process of garment making from start to finish.
- Strong leader and has the ability to motivate people.
Our client offers an attractive remuneration package.