by Catherine Cheah in Engineering
16th Jan, 2020
Field Service Representative (based in JKT)
Our client has been a leader in energy solutions and advanced manufacturing for over 90 years. Today, they are a key player in the global gas turbine market.
Their office in Jakarta, Indonesia is seeking for Field Service Representative
This role reports to the Field Service Supervisor
This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance, inspection service and troubleshooting work.
- Ensure all maintenance, commissioning and troubleshooting activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer's recommendations and good practices.
- Ensure the work permit system is complied with.
- Participates by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings and completing all required safety training including CLMS training courses.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Proactively recognize electrical/mechanical/control system abnormalities and potential safety problems and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard from developing and causing damage to equipment.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurately report and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Ability to resolve issues will sound judgment and with little or no supervision in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge (Gas Turbines/Gas Compressor/Generator) to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the HSSE policies and procedures.
- Utilize the Work Force Management Process and system to manage work orders.
- Must have served
a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent period of training.
- Possess a
technical qualification e.g. Degree, HNC/ HND, ONC, C&G, Aviation
Engineer’s license, Marine engineers Certificate
- At least 5 years offshore and gas
in a related industry (Gas Turbine, Generator & Gas compressor)
in an overseas/offshore environment is desirable as is familiarity with
rotating equipment and PLC systems.
- Ability to
program and basic troubleshooting on PLC systems.
- Experience in
either Mechanical or Instrument/ Electrical and be capable of a cross-disciplined
approach to the job.
- Shows aptitude
for a cross-disciplined approach to the job.
- Holds and
maintain an offshore medical and
survival certificate and/or other training/certifications as needed.
- Must have
basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance, commissioning and
troubleshooting of various equipment associated with primary and utility
with Gas Turbine theory and
operational practice including control system logic, driven equipment and
processes both upstream and downstream.
- Knowledge of
generators/compressor and vibration's troubleshooting a plus
and electrical troubleshooting.
Degree with min 4 years of relevant experience in gas/steam turbines.
- Detail troubleshooting, not just
troubleshooting. Example : fault finding issue in control, solving high
- Electrical / control system experience
preferred (rotating equipments). Not mechanical.
- Offshore experience is a must (Bosiet or
applicants please email your detailed resume in MS Word format to email@example.com for a confidential
R1102193 | 12C5083