As the Engineering Manager in our Shanghai office, you’ll build + lead an Engineering team
You’ll drive 2 key strategic initiatives
- Deliver high-quality products + experiences for millions of CN players
- Engineer products that support + scale our China business
1. Technical expert: Broad theoretical knowledge + practical application of Software
Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering principles to global-scale distributed systems.
You’ve spent 7+ years tackling serious engineering challenges, both as a developer and as
an operator of mission-critical Production systems.
2. Experienced engineering leader: You have 5+ years of experience in Engineering
Management, and are passionate about growing your team’s capabilities + impact . You use
a systematic approach to coach your team, and hold them accountable for their growth.
You’ve effectively participated in the full hiring manager lifecycle , from hiring + recruiting, to
performance management, to comp and performance planning.
3. Problem solver: You’re able to quickly resolve issues with people, process and
technologies . You use empathy to build and repair relationships across teams and products.
You remove roadblocks for your teams, and give them the tools they need to be effective.
4. Clear communicator: You drive clarity in communication , by being concise and articulate.
You listen well, you build strong relationships with stakeholders, and bring visibility to
technical decisions made on your team to the broader company. You’re fluent in Chinese
and English, and can drive effective collaboration with Chinese-speaking engineers.
5. Strong decision-maker: You have a rigorous framework for making decisions in ambiguity.
You make trade offs explicit , when balancing the long-term strategies and short-term tactics.
You know when to call for help.
1. Lead + develop a team of Engineers to a world-class standard (People Leadership).
2. Ensure the team has a sound technical vision + roadmap (Craft Leadership).
3. Use your gamer empathy to inform strong technical decision-making (Product Sense).
4. Own the health + performance management of your team.
5. Actively recruit + interview the best talent for your team.
6. Participate in Code Reviews for technical deliverables.
7. Coach your team in mature and professional engineering practices.
8. Hold your team accountable for delivering + owning the high quality of their software.