Our client are leading experts in retail display. They design, build and supply displays for leading brands and retailers across the world.
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Sales to understand how much effort we place into specific projects.
- Ensure you have the right information within the brief prior to designing. Find, chase, ask and collaborate with your team.
- Take briefs directly from the client, working with Sales when/as appropriate.
- You are here to think. Ensure you have thought through your ideas, we do not do pretty pictures. Seek out and discuss your solutions with the relevant people within Sales, Insights, Design and Supply as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Technical Design early in the project process. Seek advice when necessary. Handover your ideas and explain the details when progressing to prototype. Keep in contact through the development of the design. Learn from the results.
- Working knowledge and experience in designing for manufacturing displays in: Plastic sheet fabrication, Vacuum forming, Injection moulding, extrusions. Metal sheet metal, wire forming, steel tube and finishing. Wood and wood by-products.
- Experienced user of design software. Prefer experience in Cinema 4D will except skills in other 3d modelling programs, Adobe CC (Illustrator, In-design and Photoshop). MAC or PC platforms. Concept use latest Mac Pro machines.
- Strong sketching ability and proven abilities in problem solving / lateral thinking.
- Good interpersonal skills—works well in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, available to travel.