Commodity M&A Advisor
A European chemical producer in pigment industry. Mainly doing trading / OEM production.
• Transaction Management and Structuring – Working with the sales / trading teams and relevant functions to lead the analysis, approval and execution of new transactions. This involves the identification and analysis of: · commercial rationale/strategic fit · economic benefits, risks & mitigation plans, contractual structure · impact to the organization in terms of resource requirements · required approvals and subsequently lead preparation of approval documents
• Business Development, Strategy & Business Planning – Working alongside the sales / trading teams to identify, develop and nurture early-stage business development opportunities into commercially well-structured transactions that help drive towards strategic direction of the Metals BU. Such opportunities could be in financing, partnerships, M&A, JV and other such medium to long term opportunities. Supporting strategy development and development of business plans.
• Project Management – Leading the execution of certain complex commercial projects (that are not transactions) to further the strategy of the Metals BU. Co-lead or advise on other non-complex commercial projects with various Functional team members
• Effective leadership, deep emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills in a matrix environment that requires a very strong ability to influence & challenge various Leadership / Sales /Trading teams, and coach across organizational / functional boundaries and constituencies in a diverse workplace;
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• 6-8 years of relevant experience, preferably in commodities, natural resources, metals & mining, oil & gas or infrastructure;
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin (read, speak and write). Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and articulate manner; clear thinker
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent listening skills · Excellent financial modelling skills · Demonstrated transaction execution record in one or more of the following:
- M&A/investment banking;
- Corporate development;
- Project finance/Trade finance;
- Private equity/Principal finance;
- Transaction structuring/advisory;