Our client is a world leader in the automotive industry who are looking for a Commodity Director to lead the cross functional development, alignment and implementation of the company’s sourcing strategy.
- Lead the development, cross-functionally alignment, implementation and maintain global commodity strategy which include: well understand internal and external customer requirements, deeply survey market, capture demand indication, deeply understand cost drivers and identify sustainable cost reduction elements, develop cost walk, develop supplier portfolio strategy and implementation plan.
- Deliver cost reduction according to SMART target plan.
- Develop Cost Models to understand should be cost to identify and drive cost reduction opportunities and assure BOM cost competitiveness in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Support Supplier Selection process with SDE and other related functions.
- Work closely with product design team to identify and develop qualified suppliers to bring state of the art technology and products to enlarge company competence.
- Engineering's degree from College or University preferred.
- 8+ years purchasing experience working, and familiar with BMS.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Technical knowledge on electronics.
- Excellent Negotiation Skills.