by Pakhawadee Janyou in Automotive
19th Feb, 2020
Our client is an automotive parts manufacturer.
- Performs inspections on a variety of products and related assembly components, of various size and complexity, using CMM and other standard or special inspection equipment available.
- Reviews associated documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Using advanced knowledge and application of CMM Programming skills, creates CMM programs for new and existing parts.
- Applies concepts of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T) as applicable.
- Provides support for New Product Development and Tool Design with respect to programming and fixture design for new parts.
- Supports continuous improvement of CMM Programs for efficiency and accuracy using proper measurement techniques.
- Applies knowledge and use of sampling plans to affect an increase or reduction in product verifications when required.
- Conducts capability studies from the CMM as required.
- Performs Gage Reliability and Repeatability (GR&R) as needed.
- Understands gage calibration/control and assists gage control personnel with gage calibration when needed.
- Performs statistical analysis of data in QC Calc software on CMM.
- Executes probe calibration program independently, creates programming using touch probe and understanding of the different usage/application of different styli.
- Develops and maintains part setup, utilizing CMM fixturing for more precise measurements and consistent setups the same way each time.
High Vocational degree or above in Plastic mold or related field
Experience to use CMM machine, and other measurement tools at least 3 years
Background in Automotive Manufacture is preferrable.
Ability to work in shift and own transportation