Claim Manager (Health & Medical Insurance)
A foreign high-end healthcare insurance company is looking for a Claims Manager in Beijing
· Ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers by swiftly and accurately resolving all customer claims queries. Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, web chat and letter.
· This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving all claims queries to the customer’s complete satisfaction without the need to refer the customer on. This will include assessing complex and high value claims from all customer groups – Individual, Provider Corporate and Intermediaries.
· Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
· You will be a creditable team leader and a claims subject matter expert, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and using your claims knowledge to put forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience
Taking end to end ownership for the resolution of all customer claims enquiries;
· Case managing all queries through to resolution within agreed targets;
· Managing the assessment of Customer claims, including both high value and complex claims;
· Accurately maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact;
· Complying with all regulatory and local governance requirements including FCA and Treating Customers Fairly;
· Achieving all targets for contact handling, turnaround times and quality;
· Participate in regular 1-2-1s and team meetings with your Manager;
· Support team members;
· Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance;
· Being a Customer Service Champion within Claims. Contribute to the continuous improvement process by challenging existing process and contributing ideas for improvement.
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification in customer service delivery and/or claims management useful but not essential;
· 3 years above team management experience, Highly customer focused;
· Background in the global health insurance market, and be good at administrative services would be an advantage;
· A track record of achieving and exceeding productivity and quality targets;
· An ability to speak fluent English and Mandarin is needed;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes;
· Experience of account managing the whole customer life cycle- being responsible for the entire customer journey and acting as a single point of contact or ‘account manager;
· Flexibility – ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing work practices, extended hours, demonstrate willingness to change etc;
· Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative;
· Must be conversant in both Mandarin and English with good written ability.