Application Support Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced Operations Support Engineer to join their team in Hong Kong.
The primary task for this role is to provide direct day-to-day service to the local office users by investigating and resolving problems and by providing information about the application and system.
- Acts as the first point of support for system incidents including trading application.
- Level 1, 2, trading for Trader, Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
- Level 1 Market Data service support and document requests for trading tool enhancements.
- Capable of making independent decisions while mitigating risk.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact.
- Perform daily AM and PM checks per documented processes and procedures.
- Generate ad hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis reports for users.
- Tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels.
To be successful in this role you must have a strong understanding of market structure and trading systems in domestic and international markets. In addition to strong technical skills, you must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills and possess a strong ability to work independently or as a team member in regional/global teams.
- Minimum 5 year in supporting financial data applications and service.
- End-to-end incident resolution for the clients.
- High client satisfaction scores and positive user perception and feedback.
- Escalation of critical incidents and identification of patterns in recurring incidents.
- Resolutions of incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate via producing documentation at all levels, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating systems knowledge with technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in complex environments.
- Strong experience in first level support.
- Good understanding of FIX messaging protocol and set up FIX connections.
- Good experience in supporting Order/Execution Management System.
- Good knowledge of market data application e.g. Bloomberg and Reuters products.
- Good understanding of Equities trading workflow.
- Basic SQL knowledge Business Knowledge.
- Able to translate business requirements into technical specifications.